[Give an account of glandular epithelium ?]
1. Cells of glandular epithelium are specialised to produce secretion.
2. 2. The molecules to be secreted are stored in small membrane – bound vesicles called secretory granules.
3. Glands are of two kinds, namely :
4. A) Unicellular glands – consist of isolated glandular cells.
Ex; Goblet cells.
B) Multicellular glands – compased of clusters of cell.
4. Multicellular glands are of two kinds, namely:
A) Endocrine glands – Ductless glands.
B) Exocrine glands – Duct glands.
5. Exocrine glands have a Secretory portion, and duct.
6. If the secretory portion is tubular – it is tubular gland
if it is rounded – it is acinar gland
if the duct is branched – it is compound gland
if the duct is unbranched – it is simple gland
if the duct is unbranched but the secretory portion is branched – it is simple branched gland.
7.Merocrineglands – release the granules with no loss of cellular material.
- ZOOLOGY-II (T.M) I.P.E.,February-2017 April 8, 2017
- zoology- 2nd year (E.M) .,I,P.E-MAY 2015 October 18, 2015
- INTERMEDIATE 1st YEAR ZOOLOGY(E.M) I.P.E., MAY 2015 June 2, 2015
- intermediate 2nd year zoology (Telugu Medium) I.P.E., MAY 2014 May 29, 2015
- intermediate 2nd year zoology (T.M), paper-2 ,MARCH-2015 May 26, 2015
- intermediate 1st year zoology (T.M ) Practice paper, MARCH 2015. May 20, 2015
- Intermediate ZOOLOGY, PAPER-2 MARCH 2015 May 17, 2015
- intermediate zoology, paper-1 march 2015 May 16, 2015
- MODELPAPERS ,Intermediate 1st year zoology (E.M) ,MARCH2014 May 11, 2015
- intermediate 2nd year zoology-2 (E.M) practice paper-1 May 10, 2015
aushiq on ASCARIS LUMBRICOIDES samabsivarao on ASCARIS LUMBRICOIDES Deepti on TAENIA SOLIUM tinnitus chiropracti… on CIRCULATORY SYSTEM OF PERIPLAN… program make on ENTAMOEBA HISTOLYTICA Mohana on SYMMETRY
- 240,730 hits