[Give an account of glandular epithelium ?]
1. Cells of glandular epithelium are specialised to produce secretion.
2. 2. The molecules to be secreted are stored in small membrane – bound vesicles called secretory granules.
3. Glands are of two kinds, namely :
4. A) Unicellular glands – consist of isolated glandular cells.
Ex; Goblet cells.
B) Multicellular glands – compased of clusters of cell.
4. Multicellular glands are of two kinds, namely:
A) Endocrine glands – Ductless glands.
B) Exocrine glands – Duct glands.
5. Exocrine glands have a Secretory portion, and duct.
6. If the secretory portion is tubular – it is tubular gland
if it is rounded – it is acinar gland
if the duct is branched – it is compound gland
if the duct is unbranched – it is simple gland
if the duct is unbranched but the secretory portion is branched – it is simple branched gland.
7.Merocrineglands – release the granules with no loss of cellular material.
- B.I.E.A.P., MAY-2014, ZOOLOGY-1 (E.M) December 11, 2017
- Zoology-1(E.M) MARCH 2017 I.P.E-A.P November 14, 2017
- ZOOLOGY-II (T.M) I.P.E.,February-2017 April 8, 2017
- zoology- 2nd year (E.M) .,I,P.E-MAY 2015 October 18, 2015
- INTERMEDIATE 1st YEAR ZOOLOGY(E.M) I.P.E., MAY 2015 June 2, 2015
- intermediate 2nd year zoology (Telugu Medium) I.P.E., MAY 2014 May 29, 2015
- intermediate 2nd year zoology (T.M), paper-2 ,MARCH-2015 May 26, 2015
- intermediate 1st year zoology (T.M ) Practice paper, MARCH 2015. May 20, 2015
- Intermediate ZOOLOGY, PAPER-2 MARCH 2015 May 17, 2015
- intermediate zoology, paper-1 march 2015 May 16, 2015
aushiq on ASCARIS LUMBRICOIDES samabsivarao on ASCARIS LUMBRICOIDES Deepti on TAENIA SOLIUM tinnitus chiropracti… on CIRCULATORY SYSTEM OF PERIPLAN… program make on ENTAMOEBA HISTOLYTICA Mohana on SYMMETRY
- 313,403 hits