1st year practice paper -1
Answer all questions in 5 lines each
1.What is meant by tautonymy? Give one example.
2.Distinguish between holocrine and apocrine glands.
- What is lymph? How does it differ from plasma.
- What are microglia? What is their origin? Add a note on their function.
- What is metagenesis? Animals belonging to which phylum exhibit metagenesis?
- Name the four extra embryonic membranes.
- Distinguish between synchronous and metachronous movements.
- Whatis a Kinety?
- From which substance are smack and coke obtained ?
- Define mutualism. Give one example.
Answer any six questions in 20 lines each.
- Define species. Explain the various aspects of a species.
- Explain the Haveersian system.
- What are the salient features of echinoids?
- Compare and contrast between cartilaginous and bony fishes.
- Describe the process of transeverse binary fission in paramecium. Draw a labelled digram.
16.What arer the adverse effects of tobacco?
- Draw a neat and labelled digram of the salivary apparatus of a cockroach.
- Describe the ” greenhouse effect “.
Answer any two questions in 60 lines each.
- Describe the life cycle of plasmodium vivax in a mosquito with the help of a neat and labelled digram.
- Describe the blood circulatory system in periplaneta . Draw a neat and labelled digrams of it.
- Describe the different types of food chains that exist in an ecosystem.