zoology -1 (E.M) Practice paper-2 60 marks
Answer all questions in 5 lines each. 10 x 2=20
1.What is meant by Tautonymy? Give two examples.
2.What is enterocoelom ? Name the enterocoelomate phyla in the animal kingdom.
- Distinguish between exocrine and endocrine glands with examples.
- Mention any two substances secreted by mast cells and their functions.
- What is the function of Radula/ Give the name of molluscs which do not possess a radula.
- Name two poisonous and non-poisonous snakes found in South India
- List any two differences between a flagellum and cilium.
- What is a kinety ?
- What is a hyper-parasite ? Mention the name of one hyper parasite.
- Mention two advantages of UV rays to us
Answer any six questions in 20 lines each. 6×4=24m
- Define Species . Explain the various aspects of ‘ Species ‘.
- Explain Haversian system with a neat labeled diagram.
- Write short note on the salient features of the Anthozoans.
- Compare and contrast cartilaginous and bony fishes.
- Describe the process of longitudinal binary fission in euglena with neat labeled digrams.
- What are the adverse effects of Tobacco ?
- Draw a neat labeled digram of the mouth parts of cockroach.
- Describe ‘ Green House Effect ‘.
Answer any two questions in 60 lines each. 8 x 2 =16
- Describe the life cycle of Plasmodium vivax in mosquito with the help of diagram.
- Describe the blood circulatory system of periplaneta in detail and draw a neat and labeled diagram of it.
- Describe different types of food chains that exist in an ecosystem.