MARCH 2015 60 marks
INTERMEDIATE. 1ST YEAR ZOOLOGY PRACTICE PAPER-3
NOTE : Answer all questions in 5 lines each. 10×2=20
1.what is trinominal nomenclature ? Give an example.
- Mention the animals that exhibited a “ tube-within- a tube “ organization for the first time . Name their body cavity.
- Define ‘ Osteon “.
- Distinguish between a tendon and a ligament.
5.Which arthropod, you have studied, is called a “ living fossil “? Name its respiratory organs.
6.Distinguish between Protor and Opisthe.
7.What is meant by nocturnal periodicity with reference to the history of a nematode parasite you have studied ?
8.Name three meninges to which group of animals do you find all of them ?
9.Distinguish between lobopodium and filopodium. Give an example to each of them.
10.Define mutualism. Give an example.
NOTE : Answer any six questions in 20 lines each 6×4=24
- What is ‘Evil Quarter’?
- Give an account of Glandular Epithelium.
- Mention the salient features of Holothuroidea.
- What are the modifications that are observed in birds that help in flight ?
- What are lateral appendages ? Based on their presence and absence, write the various types of flagella giving atleast one example for each type.
- Why is adolescence is considered vulnerable phase ?
- Draw a neat and labeled diagram of Ommatidium.
- Discuss the causes and effects of “ Global warming ”. What measures need to be taken to control “ Global warming “.
.NOTE : Answer any two questions in 60 lines each 2×8=16
- Explain the structure and life cycle of Entamoeba histolytica with the help of neat and labeled digram.
2o, Describe the Blood circulatory system of Periplaneta in detail and draw a neat and labeled diagram of it.
- give an account of flow of energy in an ecosystem.