INTERMEDIATE 1ST YEAR, ZOOLOGY
NOTE: Answer all questions in 5 lines each.
- Differentiate between Protostomia ans deuterostomia.
- Distinguish between holocrine and apocrine gland.
- What is haematocrit value?
- What is cephalization ? How is it useful to its possessors?
- What is Aristotle’s Lantern ? Give one example of an animal possessing it.
- What are claspers ? Which group of fishes possesses them ?
- Distinguish between Proter and Opisthe.
- Distinguish between synchronous and metachronous movements.
- Define neoplasia. Give one example.
- Define entropy.
NOTE: Answer any SIX questions in 20 lines each.
- What is the evil quartet ?
- Describe the structure of a multipolar neuron.
- What are the chief characters of crustaceans ?
- What are the features peculiar to Ratitae birds ? Give two examples of Ratitae birds.
- Give an account of pseudopodia.
- What is the need for parasites to develop special adaptations ? Mention some soecial adaptations developed by the parasites.
- Draw a neat labeled diagram of the salivary apparatus of cockroach.
- What is summer stratification ? Explain.
NOTE: Answer any TWO questions in 60 lines each.
- Describe the life cycle of Plasmodium vivax in man.
- Describe the respiratory system of cockroach with the help of neat and labeled diagrams.
- List out the major air pollutants and describe their effects on human beings.